Subject: Re: help please
To: Douglas S. Meade <doug@umd.edu>
From: Christopher Preston <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/22/1999 10:11:31
"Douglas S. Meade" wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Andy Doran wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Daniel Senderowicz wrote:
> >
> > > 1) when I exit X, the console keyboard becomes "sluggish", that
> > > is the letters double if I don't remove the finger immediately,
> >
> > Anybody clued up on what has to be said to the kbd to fix this?
>
> I've got this same problem, on a DS 5000/240, with either LK201 or
> LK401 keyboard, and VSXXX-AA mouse.  I thought either the mouse
> or keyboard was flakey, didn't know it was a known problem with X!

Yes, same problem for me on a 5000/240.

I find after negotiating xdm, using 'xset r off' (turn key repeat off)
solves the key problem within X (Can't remember if this fixes the
observed behaviour outside of X though ).

There is some interaction with the X screen blanker too: 'xset s off'
fixes that one.

Hoping for a real fix real soon!

cheers,
Chris.

--
Christopher Preston
Chemistry Department, The University of Queensland