Subject: Re: help please
To: None <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1999 23:27:41
	Double click on the line you want, move to another window, and press
	the middle button.

I did that, but no avail. It highlights when I click the left
button, but does not paste when I press the middle one.

	xconsole has to be run as root.

Any advantage of xconsole over xterm -C?

	> This was a disaster. The window came out nicely and when I enter
	> the username and passwd it blinked out, and came again prompting
	> me, and again and so on. I had to use de middle finger to reset
	> the machine! Is there anything that I forget to do?

	turn off screen blanking with 'xset s off' in the
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup file. ( I think that is the right file -
	can't check as the pmax is at home).

It wasn't only the problem of blanking but it just never logged
in, although the password was correct. On the other hand, when I
entered an incorrect password it said it, so somehow the thing
stays in a loop or something. Thanks.

Cheers,

Dan