Subject: Re: help please
To: None <lantz@stanford.edu>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1999 20:38:36
Hi folks,

	> 2) when there is a console message it screws up the window
	> environment.

	Try xconsole, or xterm -C

I tried both. xconsole still screws up the screen, xterm -C works
fine.

	> For the 2nd problem I read in the man pages about xdm as a
	> possible solution, since messages will be written into another
	> window, but I couldn't figure out the way to start it.

	Set xdm=YES in /etc/rc.conf

This was a disaster. The window came out nicely and when I enter
the username and passwd it blinked out, and came again prompting
me, and again and so on. I had to use de middle finger to reset
the machine! Is there anything that I forget to do?

One more thing, how to I set up the system so I can highlight a
line in a window and copy that into another one?

Thanks to all of you for the help! Cheers,

Dan