Subject: Re: help please
To: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
From: Andy Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1999 23:35:58
On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Daniel Senderowicz wrote:

> 1) when I exit X, the console keyboard becomes "sluggish", that
> is the letters double if I don't remove the finger immediately,

Anybody clued up on what has to be said to the kbd to fix this?

> 2) when there is a console message it screws up the window
> environment.

xconsole(1) should do the trick.

> For the 2nd problem I read in the man pages about xdm as a
> possible solution, since messages will be written into another
> window, but I couldn't figure out the way to start it.

I forget how we ship /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers by default, but
making it like this:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/Xpmax

and then making a ~/.xsession should do the right thing. To play around
with it try 'xdm -nodaemon'.

- ad