Subject: Diskless HOW-TO
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mbw@ee.cornell.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1999 14:19:02
Hi,

I just attempted to add pmax-specific information to the diskless HOW-TO,
but since I don't own a decstation, I can't fill in all the blanks.

<http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.pmax.html>

Could someone email me with the following information:

How does one figure out the ethernet hardware address?

How does one chose which ethernet interface to boot from if more than one
is available?

How does one get to the boot prompt or interrupt a normal boot?

How do you permanently specify what device to boot from (disk/network)?

Does mop work for sending the bootloader to the client?

There are several kernels on the ftp site, which one is recommended for
netbooting?

Any other comments on the pmax page (or in general about the diskless
HOW-TO) woudl also be appreciated.

Thanks!

  -- MW