Subject: Re: FWD from Jeffrey Mogul: Re: Question about copyrights on old material
To: None <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1999 09:23:44
> If you get me a list of the documents in question (PLEASE be
> as specific as possible - part numbers, revision numbers,
> dates, and exact titles - and please make the listing as neat
> as possible, too) I will try to get someone in authority
> to issue a statement.
>
> I was recently able to get approval to release the AlphaServer 2100
> technical specs - nobody seemed to have any objections, in fact.
> Generally, the powers that be seem more than willing to support
> all of the open-source OS efforts.
>
> No promises, though!
>
> -Jeff

IMHO, the most useful documents I run across are the hardware manuals.
It would be nice to have a complete (if possible) set of hardware manuals
for all the old dead hardware from the DS2100 up through the DS5000 series
and anything else appropriate that NetBSD can run on in the older dead
DEC lines.  I don't have partnumbers for them, so I can't be of much help
that way.  But, at least the DS2100/3100 and 5000/25 and 5000/xxx and VAX
lines would be appropriate.  The operating manuals aren't really all that
helpful.  Perhaps also some of the hardware spec manuals might be, for
development work.

Just thinking out loud, if anyone has numbers to pass on to Jeff.....

Bob