Subject: Re: 5000/1xx Hardware Maintenance Guide
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1999 03:21:20
Dear all,

    Jonathan> In message <14350.21684.900124.655860@osiris.luxor.de>,
    Jonathan> "Bernhard H. Buckel" writes:

    >> How about the sound support under Linux? I mean, whoever heard
    >> that "Texas, oh Texas" thingie under Ultrix on a Personal DS
    >> must have become addicted ;) Any chances to get this under
    >> NetBSD, too?

    Jonathan> "... All hail the Mighty State"?

Yeah, that's it! Boy was I surprised to get some sound working...

    Jonathan> Works for me with the LoFi, using the DEC CRL `AF'

That's what I was using, too...

    Jonathan> library, on a 5000/150.  I haven't figure out how to
    Jonathan> smash that driver to fit Lennart's audio drivers,
    Jonathan> though.

Uhmm - forgive a non-native speaker for being stupid. IIRG I had to
apply some patches to Ultrix and rebuild the kernel. Could I
accomplish this under NetBSD, too and get audio? Something a stupid
born like me could do?

Curiously,

			       Bernhard

--
      Unix is like a wigwam: No fences, no gates, apache inside.