Subject: Re: 5000/1xx Hardware Maintenance Guide
To: port-pmax NetBSD <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Pitchford <cpitchford@intrepid.co.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/20/1999 00:00:13
I've managed to get Linux to work on my DecStation 5000/120

Unfortunately the support for the framebuffer card is less than none under
linux.. This means the box boots but you dont see anything!! you can
telnet into the box and play around, but that's no fun!

I would be very interested to hear if people managed to get NetBSD working
on a 5000/120 with Bios 5.8f as I cannot boot ANY 1.4.x kernels and 1.3.x
wont talk to my network interface (on board) even if it boots over
tft/bootp.. which is very strange.. It works under Linux.. It's a pity as
I want to try and develope using both platform.. one with net and one with
graphics.. but neither with both :( I think I have a strange box!!!

Cheers

Chris Pitchford <cpitchford@intrepid.co.uk>