Subject: Re: Internal SCSI cable length on 5000/33
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/19/1999 15:46:25
In message <199910192036.QAA87918@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>NetBSD Bob writes
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, NetBSD Bob wrote:

[ Maxine hardware maintenance manual ]

>Gee, dunno, for sure.   I got it from the Linux web site:
>
>   http://decstation.unix-ag.org/docs/dec_docs/
>
>page.   The page maintainer is Michael Engel (engel@unix-ag.org).
>You might give him a buzz and see if we can use it in the NetBSD
>archives.  A lot of good DEC info is there, but I think  we have
>some of it in the NetBSD site, already.  The maxine manual I did
>not remember running across on our site.

Nope. It wasn't officially released, AFAIK.

>I printed out a copy of the manual, and it is complete, compared to
>my DEC original, except for the jumper settings figures on the RZ25
>drives.

>By any chance is there a 2100/3100 equivalent manual about?

There's a slighlty different document for the 2100/3100, and the
5000/200 (and some TC option docs; some sketchy, some useful).  Both
were on the FTP archive at gatekeeper.dec.com.

I think it'd be very nice if we had a copy of those on the NetBSD web
site, plus a pointer, just in case Compaq takes them away at some
future date.

--Jonathan