Subject: Re: help please
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/19/1999 10:55:58
On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

	Ultrixboot doesn't grok ELF, and you got an ELF-format kernel.  if
	you're going to install by booting form Ultrix, you need an
	ECOFF-format kernel.

	Look for an install.ecoff.gz or some such.

I got a bit farther now. When I booted install.ecoff
(netbsd.ecoff) it went well up to the point of setting up the
disk partitions. However when it prompted me to load the subsets
the TK50 option was not there (I have all the *.tgz files in a
TK50 tape). Unfortunately I cannot ftp nor use any other net
options.  I was thinking of faking the TK50 drive as the floppy
drive, but when I entered a device name it hanged. Now that I
have the console prompt, I cannot boot since it comes back with
a message saying:

open 5/rz0/boot: 2
Can't load '5/rz0/boot'

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.