Subject: Re: boot to multi-user failures...
To: Toru Nishimura <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/14/1999 10:19:16

>I'm now leaning toward sort of hardware faults like bad main memory, bad
>cache or inreliable SCSI cable because your symptoms sound
>inconsistent and varying.

Thoru,

Yes, I think thats more likely too...but what to do about it?

This machine has 40MB in it now...I've been careful to make sure it was
put back in the same slots it came out of when Phillip I think it was,
suggested carefully cleaning the contacts, etc...

I do have another Maxine...it has only 24MB, so there are two memory SIMMS
in it that I could switch into this box...I'm gonna try that.

Paul