Subject: Re: Threads
To: Kevin Schoedel <schoedel@kw.igs.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/1999 19:50:08
Kevin Schoedel wrote:

> This message is to inquire about the state of threads on PMAX, and
> potentially to offer assistance to anyone working on it.

I've been banging my head against (the package source version of)
mit-pthreads on and off for a little while now.  If you want to look (or
if anyone else does!), I've put the machdep files for mit-pthreads on
ftp.netbsd.org in pub/NetBSD/misc/simonb/pmax-pthreads.tar.gz.  You'll
also need to add "NetBSD-*-mipsel" to the "ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM" in the
package Makefile.  If anything else is missing, please let me know.

With these files, I get a library that links and test programs that
don't actually use threads work ok (ie about a third of the programs in
the "tests" directory).  I think machdep_pthread_create needs tweaking,
but I'm not sure.

> I don't want to duplicate effort that has already been made.

My brain is mush on this at the moment - I'll feel quite free to have a
small break while you look at it :-)

Simon.