Subject: Re: Is this just the way it is with 1.4 Pmax?
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/05/1999 10:20:36
> > > Why was that not in the 1.4.1 release?
> >
> > I guess I should take some of the blame here, as the 1.4.1 release
> > builder and installation-note updater.  I do all of my work on headless
> > pmaxes - we've got heaps of old pmaxes here, but not many screens or
> > graphics cards...
>
> I want most of that blame. AFAIR, the termcap changes sat on a 3min in
> Ireland and never got committed/pulled-up until I got it here.

Good heavens, no blame intended....(:+\\.....  I was just wondering if
it was something incompatiblitywise or something really strange in the
hardware.  If the dust will have settled by 1.4.2, that makes me a happy
camper.  Is there anything we can borrow from the Ultrix termap that
might make things a better fit?  Before I nuke my remaining Ultrix
install on my DS2100, should I be looking at things there, for insights?

I also have a palletload of pmax boxes in the back of my van, but only
two heads on the machines in the play pit.  I have not had good luck
finding working VR-262's or VRC-17's around here, in surplus.

If anyone in the Raleigh, NC, area needs a pmax (a couple of 2100's and
a couple of 3100's) that are mostly complete, maxed on memory, but without
HD's) do holler.... my wife would love to see them disappear.  I also
have a DS5000/25 maxed on ram, without HD, that is spare.  I would be
happy to trade it for a couple of RZ25's or RZ26's to stick in my VAX.
Sadly, no spare monitors for any of them, but I do have keyboards.

Bob