Subject: Re: Is this just the way it is with 1.4 Pmax?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/05/1999 11:36:33
>> ... and, will it contain IPv6 and 'the right [tm]' SCSI handling? :)
>
> I'm pretty sure it won't contain IPv6.
>
> As for 'the right [tm]' SCSI handling, I presume we're talking in
> port-pmax context, and we're talking about the transformation of the
> pmax port to use the MI SCSI subsystem?  Well, I'll be kind and say
> "it depends".

It depends on collaboration of NetBSD/pmax people.  I'm very sure that
DECstation is about to have MI SCSI, at very least, with NCR53C94
based systems.  But so-far I have received no response of
succeeded/failed experience since I released snap-off source code to
enable MI SCSI for 3MAX/3MIN/MAXINE/3MAX+.  As mentioned, QA is
essential and it's not likely to have MI SCSI in NetBSD/pmax 1.5 in
this development pace.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology