Subject: Re: Is this just the way it is with 1.4 Pmax?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/05/1999 09:19:17
> So, what is the correct root terminal entry at login so vi works on a
> DS 2100 or 3100 with the old dumb mono screen?  I really, really want
> to get vi to work, correctly.  It does fine on Ultrix.  It should also
> on NetBSD.  If rcons is associated with it... what/where/how rcons?

What is your problems/issues/symptom you are experiencing?  TERM=sun
(same as 'sun-il') did work very well for my DS5000/25 console.  I
tried common termcap pitfalls like block line/column erase and
insertion, and they look good.  Real vi/UNIX guys don't worry about
any of cursor keys and function keys which happen to look 'available'
on some sort of keyboards  they know such are the source of evils.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology