Subject: Re: Is this just the way it is with 1.4 Pmax?
To: None <count@flatline.de>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/04/1999 20:17:01
> On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, NetBSD Bob wrote:
> > When is 1.4.2 due out?

No date has been set yet.  We'll probably sit tight until we've
collected enough pullups to justify the release.  Meanwhile, the
fixes are available via the anonCVS service (at least), so if you
want a 1.4.1 system plus the pullups collected so far you should be
able to set up such a source tree.

> ... and, will it contain IPv6 and 'the right [tm]' SCSI handling? :)

I'm pretty sure it won't contain IPv6.

As for 'the right [tm]' SCSI handling, I presume we're talking in
port-pmax context, and we're talking about the transformation of the
pmax port to use the MI SCSI subsystem?  Well, I'll be kind and say
"it depends".  It needs to be done 'right' first on the main branch
(we're not even there yet if I remember correctly -- there's just a
set of patches circulating (?)), undergo the required testing there
to make sure it works properly and doesn't break other things, and
then it needs to be tested on the netbsd-1-4 branch as well before a
pull-up request is submitted.  So, at this point I think I will say
that it's unlikely, but I may not have following events in the pmax
camp too closely lately to tell.

Regards,

- H=E5vard