Subject: Re: Is this just the way it is with 1.4 Pmax?
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/04/1999 11:42:57
> On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, NetBSD Bob wrote:
>
> > > You could try 'sun-il' and see how that works.
> >
> > Now that is a strange one.  Why would I be expected to look for a SUN
> > monitor description to come up on a DEC machine?  If that is really
> > what it is on a pmax, SOMEONE add a pmax entry label for it?
> > Just curious.....
>
> Because rcons was written for the SPARC port of 4.4BSD, but it was
> appropiate to use it for NetBSD/pmax later on.

OK, but it still would make logical sense if it was also labelled for
``pmax'' rather than sun.   If it is fixed in the 1.4.2, no problem.

Also, a note to that effect in INSTALL.txt would help the newbie dummies
like me get it right the first time.

Actualy, other than that vi termcap annoyance, the port seems pretty
good, on the pmax/maxine boxes of mine.  I have only had 3 problems
to speak of, 1) the vi termcap entry, 2) the manpage highlighting
problem after exit of man, and 3) the black lettering on a black screen
on X.

Does the use of the sun-il fix the man highlighted text fiasco?
On the mono monitor, it goes black with highlighting on every line
after any manpage.

When is 1.4.2 due out?

Thanks

Bob