Subject: Re: booting a diskless Ultrix box of a netbsd box?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/04/1999 05:03:38
Dear all,

after thinking for a while, reading the Ultrix manuals (dms and
friends) and remembering the black magic I had to deal with to convert
a VAX from a netbooted client to a standalone machine, I fear that
you're out of luck. Without a Ultrix-machine on which you can
customize a kernel you won't get far IMHO.

Hoping I'm wrong and interested in a solution, though...

			       Bernhard

    Simon> "Bernhard H. Buckel" wrote:
    >>  Dear all,

    Simon> A bit of a funny off-topic question...  I'd like to boot a
    Simon> diskless DECstation 5000/133 of a NetBSD server.  Usually,
    Simon> these boot via mop and have a three component boot - an

    [...]

--
      Unix is like a wigwam: No fences, no gates, apache inside.