Subject: Re: huh?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/03/1999 11:32:05

>I'm asking for an *exact* transcript showing *exactly* what commands
>you typed and what output and behavior you observed.  I could some
>time playing around trying to reproduce this but you didn't describe
>what you did in sufficient detail for me to be able to do this
>quickly.

I did an nfs mount....ie, **exactly** mount ibmdock:/cdrom /cdrom

and yes, the mountpoint is there...and it [mountd ??] bitched about the
exports ON THE PMAX disagree...whatever thats supposed to mean...I don't
even know why that would be important to trying to nfs mount a filesystem
FROM another machine...but it didn't like it...

to me it sounded as if it wanted me to put in the EXPORTS file for this
pmax, all the filesystems I'd ever want to mount FROM some other machine.

i've never seen this behavior before...thats why I questioned it.

I don't have a scrollbar on the xterm where I did this earlier, so what
I've told you will have to be good enough...

>Please use something like the "script" command, emacs shell buffer, or
>cut & paste in an xterm to capture the exact commands you typed and

actually, it plastered it in every open xterm window...I'll start up
the nfs server again, and do it...

Paul