Subject: Re: Is this just the way it is with 1.4 Pmax?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/01/1999 21:00:01
On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, wb2oyc wrote:

> Certainly...and I'm doing boot 3/rz0/netbsd at the monitor prompt...

You probably want to do a 'setenv boot "/3/rz0/netbsd -aN"' at the >>
prompt so it'll boot up properly on powerup or reset. I believe I found
this one in the FAQ. The -a switch is for multi-user mode but I never saw
any ref to -N.

> Not so; tried that...its not there!  neither is wscons...

How about vt100?

I haven't had any terminal navigation issues that you seem to be. Then
again I'm not using X and just using a WYSE 520 as a serial console.

If you've used Linux much you'll find that it is more BSD like these days
with the exception of the SYSV run levels. Any more you'll see that any OS
but the purely BSD derivatives are influenced heavily from both camps.

-Gary

---
Recommending WinNT to a masochist is like handing a pipe to a crackhead.