Subject: Sun Monitor with Maxine
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/28/1999 16:11:32
Greetings,

In looking through this month's list archives I see some discussion re
using DEC monitors with Sun workstations. My dilemma, however, is just the
opposite. I have an old Sun monitor (built circa '92 and heavy as a sack
of bricks -- old compared to the nice '99 models). Is there any way I
could make or buy a cable that'd let me use my Sun monitor with the Maxine
station I just got?

I plan to use a serial console but wouldn't mind mucking with the onboard
framebuffer if possible. If I recall right the 13W3 port takes a separate
sync signal. If it's not doable is there any other monitor I could use
with it?

Thanks for any info.

-Gary

---
Recommending WinNT to a masochist is like handing a pipe to a crackhead.