Subject: Re: Bootable CDs
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Philip Tait <Philip.Tait@phxase.allied.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/17/1999 08:34:27
Toru Nishimura wrote:

> >> Can anyone help with this?  I think it would increase the popularity of
> >> NetBSD/pmax if bootable CDs were available.
>
> Bootable ULTRIX and bootable OSF/1 CD-ROM seems just a (UFS?) hardisk
> diguise.

So are you saying that if I gunzip diskimage.gz, and burn it onto a CD-R
(somehow), it should be bootable if loaded in (say) an RRD42?

If it's that simple, I'm surprised not to see a CD-burnable image in the
1.4.1 area - it would eliminate many of the "newbie" problems, such as
setting up bootp/tftp, or finding a "helper" system.

--

Philip J. Tait.....AlliedSignal Engines, Phoenix, Az.....pjt@phxase.allied.com