Subject: Re: tftp & bootp on rh linux 6.0
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Henry Parker <jasonp@uq.net.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/13/1999 19:56:44
Richard Spindler <Richard.Spindler@its.monash.edu.au> writes:

> > > Works fine under debian, i have done several tftp/bootp installs on
> > > NetBSD to DECStation 2100s using it.
> >
> >it mightn't affect DECStations, but it breaks sparcstations badly. :(

As someone who wrestled with tftp (and bootpd, grrr) under Debian
GNU/Linux a few days ago to install 1.4.1, I can attest it is pretty
thoroughly messed up.  I'd think about taking it on myself (a flatmate
tftp-boots an X Terminal from my machine) if an implementation of
tftp from the FSF wasn't in the works---I saw an Intent To Package for
it on the lists just a few days ago.

jason, very pleased to see an explanation of the weird behaviour he
       was getting.

--
____                                        /"\ ASCII ribbon
\ _/__  Pragmatism may not be pretty, but   \ /   campaign