Subject: Re: Migrating MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/04/1999 13:57:33
hi,

I'm just starting to catch up after SIGCOMM.

I'd like to see Michael's driver on the tree, on a branch.
Then the rst of us could pre over the carsh-dump stuff.

Last time I tried co-existing old-scsi and MI scsi, it worked OK.
we could do that for the SII, or try cloing the 2-hour hack?

the folklore on the SII ist that the chip has some corner-cases
and/or outright bugs that are not described in the documetnation.
The CSRG folks and rick and ralphc learnt to bavoid them.
A from-scratch driver would have to climb the same learning curve,
with the risk of curdling filfesystems during the climb. Ick....