Subject: Re: Migrating MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@flatline.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/03/1999 12:51:07
Hi!

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> >> any hints how to migrate MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI (am I right with
> >> that?) ? I'd still need a bad block scanner & remapper badly and would
> >> port it myself, but any hints are greatly appreciated.
> >
> > My current understanding is that the asc driver works (or mostly
> > works), but no work has been done on the sii driver.=09Toru, Michael?
>=20
> The issue this moment is, how to migrate current DC7061 sii SCSI driver
> into MI SCSI framework.  Solutions would be;
>=20
> =09[1] full scratch MI sii from the bottom
> =09[2] raminate current sii driver w/ 'thunk-layer' for MI SCSI
> =09[3] seek a way to 'co-exist' two different SCSI buses; oldscsi
> =09    for DS3100 and MI SCSI for others.
>=20
> I spent couple of hours to make a hack job for MI SCSI kernel and placed
> the patch file at;
>=20
> =09ftp.aist-nara.ac.jp:~ftp/pub/personal/nisimura/newasc.tgz

whoa, this one is wicked, although it looks good ... but I don't run
-current, and don't want to .. I need something 'somehow' stable ...

could you give ftp.astron.com:/pub/netbsd/sdd.tar.gz a look and try to
get it running with the asc-interface?

I still just need to reassign the bad blocks of this "=A7%"$%=A7 disk, with=
out
physical or serial access to the pmax (another reason why I don't want to
wiggle around with the kernel) ...

Thanx for the hack, and thanks in advance :)

   Count

--=20
  -=3D Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@flatline.de - Questions? Just ask =3D-
 -=3D Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =3D-
-=3D Commercial use of my email address NOT allowed. PGP key available. =3D=
-