Subject: Re: Reassigning defective blocks on direct SCSI devices
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@flatline.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/30/1999 17:52:22
Hi!

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.05.9908301454180.582-100000@mAnIaC.inx.de>,
> Andreas Kotes <count@flatline.de> wrote:
> >
> >not possible :( the disc is sitting rock-solid in a machine I don't have
> >any physical access to any longer. I'm allowed to run and use it by
> >goodwill ... and I built in a partly defective 2GB drive the last time I
> >opened it.
> >

> Try ftp.astron.com:/pub/netbsd/sdd.tar.gz

cool tool! but it doesn't work:

[count@pulse sdd]$ sudo ./sdd /dev/rz4
sdd: process_args: : No such file or directory
[count@pulse sdd]$ sudo ./sdd /dev/rz4c
sdd: process_args: : Invalid argument
[count@pulse sdd]$ sudo ./sdd /dev/rz4a
sdd: process_args: : Invalid argument
[count@pulse sdd]$ sudo ./sdd /dev/rrz4c
sdd: process_args: : Invalid argument
[count@pulse sdd]$ sudo ./sdd /dev/rrz4a
sdd: process_args: : Invalid argument

what am I doing wrong?

and, can I use the whole capaticy disklabel shows for "c" as "a"?

   Count

--
  -= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@flatline.de - Questions? Just ask =-
 -= Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =-