Subject: Re: MOP booting Decstation 3100 from VMS cluster server?
To: Mauricio Tavares <Mauricio@proedint.com>
From: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob@stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/23/1999 15:19:13
----- Original Message -----
From: Mauricio Tavares <Mauricio@proedint.com>
To: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob@stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
Cc: <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
Sent: Friday, 20 August 1999 1:39

> At 05:49 PM 8/18/99 +0930, you wrote:
> I did use my Win95 box as both tftp and bootp server.  I sent a little
> how-to to Simon so he could add it to the netbsd docs.  If he did not have
> time to put it online, I can send you the file your way.

Yes please.

Got it.  Actually, it's www.weird-solutions.com

>   For the tftp server, I used Walusoft's TFTPServer32Pro v3.4, found
>   in their site www.walusoft.co.uk

I have that already, but I also have 3com's freeware TFTP server, (they
provide it for d/l from their web site to use in updating switch hub
firmware, but it works a treat for other things as well)  (and it don't
expire!)

> If you need any help, bug me.

Just one.  I have managed to netboot the 3100 with smallnet.ecoff from the
vms box, but it can't seem to find it's file system.
getfh - no pathname
Is there some way to do this manually from the prompt?
I'm going to try changing the hd (home directory) path from vms format to
unix format and see if that helps.
It's currently set to :netdisk:[netboot]" so I'll try mail:/netdisk/netboot
Unfortunately, the bootp server does not allow a rp parameter, suns booting
from this box are expected to use the rpcbootparams
file..

I can't do a tftp boot of the install kernel, (which would work) as I have
the #$%@ 7.01 ROM that won't work with biggish boot files.

Cheers

Geoff Roberts
Computer Systems Manager