Subject: Re: MOP booting Decstation 3100 from VMS cluster server?
To: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob@stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/18/1999 13:44:33
"Geoff Roberts" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Decstation 3100 with RZ24E that I'd like to throw netbsd pmax onto.
> Unfortunately, it has the 7.01 Rom that seems not to like TFTP boots.
> (I'm getting FNF errors, the boot image seems to be about 3.5mb (7000 blocks
> in VMS speak), so I'm interpreting this as the
> won't boot bigger than 1mb files problem.)

Can you try the smallnet.ecoff that lives under:
   ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/1.4.1/installation/misc

and see if that works?

South Australia - hmm, it might be easier for me to send you an RZ23
with this 1.4.1 install diskimage at the start of it :-)
(I'm in Geelong, and work in Melbourne).

Simon.