Subject: Re: keyboard after exiting X
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Preston <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/17/1999 11:39:56
Christopher Preston wrote:

[snipped post about strange key repeating problem in and out of X]

> I have the same problem, especially inside X. I find a xset -r to turn
> off key repeat helpful. But the problem still exists outside of X. There
> is some weird interaction with the X screensaver also.
>
> Also, I think it is this problem that makes using xdm problematical. If
> you get your password wrong once, then xdm locks up with an error like
> "Selection failed" written many times a second to the xdm logs.

I forgot to add that this only happens with kernels I compile - not the
install kernels that are available!
However, the install kernels don't appear to be compatible with the
(1.4) binaries of dmesg, for example.

Also, I find that with any of the kernels I compile, ps reports "/proc
size mismatch". Is there some incompatibility with the 1.4 binaries and
the 1.4.1 kernel source?

cheers
Chris.

--
Christopher Preston
Chemistry Department, The University of Queensland