Subject: Re: Help With PROM V5.7j
To: Benjamin Stocks <stocksb@msoe.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/16/1999 11:50:29
Benjamin Stocks wrote:

> I'll try the smallnet.ecoff this afternoon. We do have 2 of these
> systems, both with the same PROM revision, and both have Ultrix on them
> at the moment where can I find HOWTOs on doing a MOP install? Most of
> what I find is on TFTP.

There's not a lot floating about on using MOP.  On the Ultrix server,
type:

	addnode NODE -h ENET-ADDR -l /path/to/smallnet.ecoff

where NODE is a six-char-or-less host name and ENET-ADDR is of the form
aa-bb-cc-dd-ee-ff (_not_ colon separated as is usually seen).

> Also, by using a helper system do you mean using
> disklabel?

Yep.  But in this case, booting via MOP should probably be easier.

Simon.