Subject: Re: Help With PROM V5.7j
To: Benjamin Stocks <stocksb@msoe.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/15/1999 10:53:12
On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Benjamin Stocks wrote:

> I'll try the smallnet.ecoff this afternoon. We do have 2 of these
> systems, both with the same PROM revision, and both have Ultrix on them
> at the moment where can I find HOWTOs on doing a MOP install? Most of
> what I find is on TFTP. Also, by using a helper system do you mean using
> disklabel?

  If you already have Ultrix on the systems, you might be able to boot the
ecoff install image directly.  You should just need the ungzipped image in
the ultrix root, and use that image as the boot filename.  [This used to
work, but I haven't tried it lately.]

Michael

---
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu