Subject: Re: need an ecoff
To: Phife <aca3@MIT.EDU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/15/1999 03:31:50
Phife wrote:

> Can someone point me to an ecoff to boot from other than smallnet.ecoff? Where
> is the normal bootstrap (e.g. netbsd.ecoff) ?

Do you want an install kernel or normal GENERIC kernel?  For an install
kernel, look at the 1.4.1 snapshot:

 ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/1.4.1/binary/kernel/install.ecoff.gz

For a GENERIC kernel, I don't think we have one in the release.  The
original intention was to have /netbsd (in kern.tgz) be an ECOFF kernel,
but the disk bootblocks can't load ECOFF kernels at the moment.  If
you need this kernel, it's probably easiest for now if I put one on
ftp.netbsd.org somewhere.

Simon.