Subject: Re: Install Problems
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/06/1999 11:17:24
Jonathan Stone wrote:

> In message <23960.933898057@splode.eterna.com.au>,
> matthew green writes
>
> >isn't it fixed cuz md_copy_filesystem or what ever is dead?  or was this
> >something else...
>
> Thats the one.
>
> It sounds like it's still useful for installs on pmaxes, though.

Looking back through some old emails, it seems that it was useful in the
"install from a diskimage in a swap partition" case.  We don't need that
anymore, do we?  If not, then I'll nuke md_copy_filesystem().

I've built a new sysinst/diskimage under 1.4.1 and was about to test a
diskimage and NFS client install and see how it goes.

> Uh, oh. did I just talk myself into working on sysinst?

The more the merrier :-)

Simon.