Subject: Someone porting package devel/mit-pthreads to NetBSD/pmax?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@flatline.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/31/1999 00:54:07
Hi!

has someone ported/is someone porting/would someone be so nice to port
devel/mit-pthreads to pmax?

Shouldn't be too much work to do, some include-fiddling, a little MIPS
assembler coding, plus writing some glue code.

Quite easy job for someone who knows some NetBSD interna (I don't), has
experiences with MIPS code (I haven't), understood the thread concept
(hey, I have!) and has got some spare time (my biggest problem, I would've
already done it, after learning more about NetBSD/R3000 Assembler).

mit-pthread would allow some nice things to be compiled on NetBSD/pmax,
i.E. mysql-server (hmm, how will this one perform? ..), hunt, zICQ, many
other ...

Consider it!

   the Count

--
  -= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@flatline.de - Questions? Just ask =-
 -= Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =-