Subject: Re: Resurrecting and putting NetBSD in a 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mauricio Tavares <Mauricio@proedint.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/29/1999 10:43:50
Let's see if I send this *after* I finsih typing it ;)

At 12:02 AM 7/30/99 +1000, Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG> wrote:
>Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>
>That's what we want to hear!

	Well, if that was not the case, why would I be in the netbsd mailing list?
;)
	Ultrix does suck BTW.  When I had my Sun 3/50 running, I ran netbsd in it
ant it was a pretty happy machine.  So, I hope my 5000 will be the same way =)

>Try just "cnfg" with no number.

	Did and this si what it told to me:

>>cnfg
 7: KN02-AA  DEC      V5.3t    TCF0  (0220cpu with  16 MB memory)
 6: PMAD-AA  DEC      V5.3a    TCF0  (enet: 08-00-2b-17-91-25)
 5: PMAZ-AA  DEC      V5.3d    TCF0  (SCSI = 7)

>> 	Er what do you mean?  boot the PC from the netbsd floppy so I can
>> format/partition/Install OS the SCSI HD in the PC and then take it to the
>> DEC?
>
>Pretty much, but then I don't have any windows knowledge, so there may
>be a much simpler way of doing this :-)

[...]
>to boot the kernel in that diskimage and from there you can partition,
>format and install NetBSD on the pmax (say getting the NetBSD binary
>sets via FTP).

	That does nto sound terribly terrible.  Now, if I do that, the PC would
then be the ftp server here, right?

>As Richard van den Berg suggested, it may be much easier to see if you
>can find a bootp/tftp server for Windows and get the pmax to load an
>install kernel via that method.  Again, I know nothing about this
>sort of stuff under Windows...

	I do not know either.  I am learning as I go ;)