Subject: Re: Boot From ZIP Disk
To: Christian Biache <biache@magic.fr>
From: Christopher <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/25/1999 12:12:14
Christian Biache wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to boot my /25 from a IOMEGA ZIP 100 drive, I can see
>  the drive being accessed but I got the following error message:
>
>    KN02-CA V2.1a
>    >> boot "3/rz5/netbsd -a"
>    ?IO:  3/rz5/netbsd -a  (bb rd)
>
>  I've created the disk with sysinst and when I mount the disk I see
>  the kernel and other stuff so it doesn't seem to be corrupted.
>
>  Is there a kind of hardware incompatibility to do this?

I don't think so, because I've done it. I found that it would boot ok,
but after about 10mins things would get a bit weird, followed by a
lockup.

I made the boot disk by using disklabel, newfs, and then copied across
/bin /etc /sbin /dev etc. And the kernel of course.

cheers
Chris.

--
Christopher Preston
Chemistry Department, The University of Queensland