Subject: Off Topic???
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Logan Bowers <logan@datacurrent.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/21/1999 19:07:35
Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a better list to discuss hardware
(DECstations and the like).  And if not, I do have a question:

I just came into the possession of about 5 DECstation 5000/240s and 10
DECpersonal 5000/25s.  Is there any good place I can look up the specs
on these machines?  Also, the built-in video only sends 3 signals (RGB,
with Sync on Green if I'm not mistaken), is there any way to interface
that with a standard monitor?  How about a serial interface?  How
reliable are they for net booting?  I'm thinking of setting up the
personals as a cluster of servers...  Thanks.

Logan Bowers