Subject: Re: Serious SCSI-problems
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: None <apr@spade.apc.aip.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/21/1999 20:34:33
[...]
> > boot device: rz0
> > root on rz0a dumps on rz0b
> > root file system type: ffs
> > asc_get_status: cmdreg 11, fifo cnt 7
> > rz0: Illegal request
> > asc_get_status: cmdreg 11, fifo cnt 7
> > rz0: Illegal request
> > asc_get_status: cmdreg 11, fifo cnt 7
> > rz0: Illegal request
> > and so on, ....
> >
> > Does anybody know the reason for this errors? I tried some RZ57 disks on
> > another
> > 3max and other cables and terminators without any changes.
>
>   I sort of know the reason, and it should be fixed in 1.4.1.  There might
> be a pre-1.4.1 kernel out on ftp.netbsd.org.

I am one of the guys who suffered from the SCSI problem for almost one
year (or more???).
And indeed the pre 1.4.1 snapshot kernel shows no problems now for over a week!
Michael, could you enlighten us HOW you did solve the problem?

Greetings,

Andreas

BTW The __-current__ kernel now gives me those TLB errors (see my mail from
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 on this list) as with -current from July 4th.
Any solution? I received just one mail from Tohru Nishimura, who experienced
the same problem.