Subject: Re: 1.4.1 snapshot available.
To: Dr. Lex Wennmacher <wennmach@geo.Uni-Koeln.DE>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/16/1999 12:10:00
"Dr. Lex Wennmacher" wrote:

> On Jul 13, 12:00am, Simon Burge wrote:
>
> > I've built and tested (a little) a pre-release 1.4.1 snapshot (without
> > the X sets at the moment).  It's available on ftp.netbsd.org in
> > pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/1.4.1.
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> my DECstation 5000/240 does not boot the kernel form your snapshot.
> The messages on the console are:

> Starting at 0x80030000
> [netbsd ELF symbol table not valid]
>
> and the machine solidly hangs (even reset doesn't work anymore, had to switch
> the machine off).

Ouch.  The machine I'm doing the 1.4.1 builds on is a 5000/240.  It's in
the middle of a "make build" now, when it finishes I'll reboot it a few
times and see what happens.

The kernel in the snapshot is an ECOFF kernel, which is why you're
seeing the ELF symbol table message.  The rest I'm not sure of at the
moment...

Simon.