Subject: 1.4 px install tools problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG, simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pretty fly <t0c@home.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/19/1999 23:35:25
Hi people,

I am having a problem installing with the 1.4+px install kernel.

The thing keeps locking up on me at various stages of the install.
I tried taking the cover off the case and setting a box fan on top of
it (in case it was overheating), removed the FDDI controller, to no
avail.  It's a 5000/125 and the framebuffer is a PMAG-C.

I tried a ftp install and lots of NFS installs.

I'm not quite sure if the machine works, however on one of the drives
is an Ultrix install diskimage and I have left the thing sitting for
hours at the shell prompt with no problems.  Boot monitor too.  But with
NetBSD it's locking up repeatedly anywhere from the end of the tftp
transfer
to "Making devices..."

I have not been able to make the serial console work on a PC or AT&T 705
terminal.  Have tried various cable configurations, have successfully
gotten
serial console to work on other machines (3B2 and Aviion) so i am
thinking
there may indeed be a problem with my machine.

Any other successes or failures?

Ken