Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Christian Johansson <cjn@isd.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/09/1999 09:58:35
>> + Call prom_scsiid() to found out what the host SCSI ID should
>>   be instead of hardcoding values.
>> + Print the host SCSI ID insiiattach().
>>
>> XXX - probably should do the same to the ASC driver??  The manuals
>> for the 5000 series machines don't mention the scsiidN
>> envvariable,but >> it is present on all the models I've looked
>> at...

> My Personal DECstation does not show the env. variable, and I've never
> seen the variable on other MAXINE units.  As Ultrix shares the NCR
> controller code in dme_*.c, it'd be quite possible to just work ok,
> though.

I have been struggling to change the controller SCSI ID of one of my
5000/20's but I have not been able to so. I even managed to get my
hands on the MAXINE Hardware Maintenance Guide (EK-PM30F-MG-PRE), and
this manual explicitly says that the onboard SCSI controller always
is on ID 7. ( I made a pdf of the doc, if anyone is interested? )

/Chris