Subject: Strange 3100 problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Bauer <bauer@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/07/1999 18:14:24
Hi,
we've got a 3100 M38 here, SHOW VER says:

	KA42-B: V1.1C2-177-V5.0-256

None of the netboot commands suggested in the install-guide
work, it always returns ILL CMD or DEVASSIGN errors. Looking
through the VAX-netboot-HOWTO, I found: >>> b/100 esa0
this at least starts MOP. So far so good, but there's no
mopified image in

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4/pmax/installation/netboot

We could mopify something ourselves with mopa.out, but the
diskimage is not in a.out format. Could somebody please point
to an image in the correct format, a.out or mop, or explain
how to boot this machine over tftp.

Thanks

Matthias