Subject: Some hardware questions ..
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@linux.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/01/1999 15:58:10
Hi!

Hmm, some questions ..

 - Can I use the usual PS/2-SIMMs in a Personal DECstation 5000/25 or
   DECstation 5000/125? If so, would I need FPM-RAMs or would EDO work
   also?
 - Are 2/8MB SIMMs supported only or would I be able to get it running
   using 4/16/32MB SIMMs, too?
 - Which card is better perfomance-wise?
    - PMAG-CA (PX) (supported with NetBSD-current only)
    - PMAGB-B (CX,CFB,HX or SFB, dunno? don't yet know if its supported)
 - Is there any support at all for the SCSI-Floppy or CDROM-drives?
 - if I wanted to use the PMAG-CA (PX)-card, would someone be so nice and
   build a install or nfs kernel for netbooting for me? I'd like to use
   1.4 and don't really want to track current

Thanks in advance for any information :)

   the Count

--
-= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@linux.de - Consulting & Development =-
-= Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =-