Subject: Re: tlb problems with -current.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/29/1999 16:58:10
> Maybe I should add all the TLB stuff to my list of things to learn
> about.  But in the mean time, any advice appreciated :-)

I can provide any information you would need.  It's easy to
understand.  TLB sits in the centre of MIPS processor universe.  And
when you learn enough, you will notice that current implemention of
NetBSD/mips VM is the inprecise projection of (then-useful) other
CPU/MMU architectures.

MD approaches of i386 and mips VM are identical each other, then it
might be interesting to see the runtime differences between CISCy VM
and RISCy VM given 'the same OS'  :->

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology.