Subject: Re: tlb problems with -current.
To: None <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/29/1999 16:47:18
	[ ... recent troubles on 3maxplus with MIPS3 ... ]

> mips3_UserGenException+d0 (7f13,8,0,400180) ra 0 sz 0

The 4th argument indicates another invalid access of IOASIC hardware
register via uninitialized 'ioasic_base'.

Notice; please pay some attention about current implemetation of MIPS
DDB backtracing code does NOT necessarily bring correct values for
arguments.  (MIPS architecture can not provide 100% reliable argument
backtrace by definitions)

> Maybe I should add all the TLB stuff to my list of things to learn
> about.  But in the mean time, any advice appreciated :-)

I think I broke some of them.  I will spend this night to mock the
trouble.

> I also need to track down why the symbol loads don't work anymore, but
> one thing at a time...

I've never succeeded in having DDB symbol for long time (since late 1.3K)
other than formal release of 1.4 generic kernel.

Tohru Nishimura