Subject: Re: rcons termcap entry
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Andy Doran <ad@fionn.sports.gov.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/24/1999 19:52:04
On Mon, 24 May 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

[rcons-color]

> It'd be great to get this working: sysinst could do colour installs on
> pmaxes, when sysinst (curses) knows about colours.

Merged into miniroot's termcap. I'm not sure where else this should go,
since there's no pmax or rcons entry in the master termcap db. One more
thing needs to be fixed. 'struct fbinfo' needs to be divorced from 'struct
device', so we end up with:

	struct fbsoftc {
		struct	device sc_dv;
		struct	fbinfo *sc_fi;
	};

If this doesn't happen, the colormap gets set three times for each device:

	o during console init (all white)
	o during rcons_connect (how rasops wants it, ie ANSI)
	o during autoconfiguration (all white)

For the 'px' this doesn't matter, and for the 'pm' I worked around it. I
imagine this not taking over 30 minutes. I'd do it myself, if only I could
test it... Also, termcap's li (lines) capability is a bit bogus. Does it
really matter these days?

- ad