Subject: Re: Trying to figure out a TC option...
To: Megan <mbg@world.std.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/21/1999 13:40:52
Megan wrote:

> I found a turbo-channel option recently which I'd like to find
> out more about.  It is marked PMAC-AA (at least on a large chip
> on-board).
>
> The board is clearly a TC option, with what appear to be
> four serial line ports with the offset MMJ connector.
>
> Is anyone familiar with it and how it might be programmed?
> I know that it doesn't show up in tc_option_data under
> Ultrix...

Which version?  Under Ultrix 4.4:

	balrog:~ 5> grep PMAC /sys/data/tc_option_data.c
	 *      Added new entry for PMAC-AA, 4 line async option card.
	    {   "PMAC-AA ",     "dc",     0,      1,    'D',    0},     /* SLU */

If it's a normal dc driver there shouldn't be too much to do - probably
a "dc* at tc?" line and a dc_tc.c stub somewhere.  I think the dc driver
maxes out at 19.2k (or was it 19.6k - one of the DEC serial chips didn't
do 19.2k).

Simon.