Subject: Re: precompiled tex/latex packages
To: Christopher Preston <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/20/1999 07:09:21
On Thu, 20 May 1999, Christopher Preston wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Apologies if I should know the answer, but I'm wondering if there are
> any precompiled/packaged tex/latex packages for pmax available?
>
> I've poked around in the CTAN archives, but it's hard to see what one
> needs!
>
> Forgive me for the heresy, but what I thinking of is something like the
> texmf rpm packages for linux.

teTex does exist
in the NetBSD package system so that should make it a snap to install.  No
need to mess around with manually getting sources from CTAN.  For general
info about the package system, see

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

looking at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/print/teTeX/README.html

it would appear that there is a binary package for teTex for
NetBSD/pmax

-Dan