Subject: Re:precompiled tex/latex packages
To: Christopher Preston <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au>
From: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/20/1999 10:16:29
Dear mailinglist,

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Preston <c.preston@chemistry.uq.edu.au> writes:

    Christopher> Hi everyone, Apologies if I should know the answer,
    Christopher> but I'm wondering if there are any
    Christopher> precompiled/packaged tex/latex packages for pmax
    Christopher> available?

Not that I know of, but TeTeX compiled just fine. All I needed was a
GNU-make and some patience ;-)

    Christopher> I've poked around in the CTAN archives, but it's hard
    Christopher> to see what one needs!

o install teTeX V. 0.4 from the source code, ftp to a CTAN site like ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk and retrieve the files

ctan/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/distrib/INSTALL.src
ctan/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/distrib/sources/README.texmf-src
ctan/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/distrib/sources/teTeX-lib-0.4pl8.tar.gz
ctan/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/distrib/sources/teTeX-src-0.4pl7.tar.gz

This should do the job. Beware: I don't know the latest version number
ot teTex...

    Christopher> Forgive me for the heresy, but what I thinking of is
    Christopher> something like the texmf rpm packages for linux.

Nah, you wouldn't wanna be a sissy :-)) REAL MEN (TM)(R)(C) use
source!

			       Bernhard

--
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong
direction.