Subject: MIPS pmap.c change is going...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/19/1999 18:54:40
Hi, Guys.

I'm now modifying several things of NetBSD/mips VM.  I've just changed
a tiny code segment of TLB flush operation.  The new code does
preserve all of kernel TLB entries, which map things KSEG2 space,
whenever TLBPID (ASID) generation number wraps (happens every ~60
context switchs).  This reduces kernel TLB miss exception
significantly.

Other changes are now under way.  I realized there is a plenty of room
for improvement.  I will do CVS commit work incrementally.  If I've
break something mistakenly, please scream to me.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology